Why is this important to Aveillant?
Algorithm Development is a key role and the successful candidate will form part of a small team, within the Engineering Directorate. This team is devoted to improving the detection, tracking and classification performance of Aveillant’s radar products.
It is envisaged that applicants will be a graduate or recent graduate in Engineering and will report to a senior member of the Algorithm Development Team. In general candidates are expected to:
- Preferably have a first class degree in engineering or a physical science.
- Have demonstrable enthusiasm for identifying and taking on challenging engineering problems.
- Be prepared to apply unconventional thinking to address unconventional problems.
- Be able to articulate and communicate complex technology to non-technical audiences.
- Work as a member of a closely coupled team.
About the role
More specifically, our Algorithm Developer’s will be expected to:
- Become familiar with all aspects of radar systems, in particular signal processing for target detection, tracking and classification.
- Become proficient in Matlab and C++ processing languages.
- Systematically develop and use comprehensive radar system and environment models to explore new algorithm concepts and their performance.
- Review and write reports detailing work carried out, conclusions drawn and make recommendations.
- Present technical papers to both internal and external audiences.
- Carry out other duties as required by business needs.