Why is this important to Aveillant?
Hardware Development is a key role and the successful candidate will form part of a small team, within the Engineering Directorate. This team is devoted to designing cost effective hardware solutions that improve the detection, tracking and classification performance of Aveillant’s radar products.
This team has overall responsibility for developing Holographic Radar designs to support the development of products in alignment with business needs. It is envisaged that applicants as a graduate or recent graduate engineering position and the post holder will report to a senior member of the hardware development team. In general candidates are expected to:
Preferably have a first class degree in engineering or a physical science.
Have demonstrable enthusiasm for identifying and taking on challenging engineering problems.
Be prepared to apply unconventional thinking to address unconventional problems.
Be able to articulate and communicate complex technology to non-technical audiences.
Work as a member of a closely coupled team.
About the role
More specifically the Hardware Developer will:
- Become familiar with all aspects of radar systems, in particular RF hardware, for target detection, tracking and classification.
- Become proficient in programming languages such as Labview, Matlab, Python and C++.
- Systematically develop and test novel hardware designs that improve overall radar performance cost effectively. This will include computer modelling, laboratory testing and full scale radar systems testing.
- Develop and test procedures for sub-system product assurance.
- Review and write reports detailing work carried out, conclusions drawn and make recommendations.
- Present technical papers to both internal and external audiences.
- Carry out other duties as required by business needs.