- Aveillant's Gamekeeper radar sold to ST Electronics - Singapore represents second installation in major urban environment
- Aveillant launches city and coastal drone detection system in Monaco
- Dr. Mohammed Jahangir speaks about the potential for tackling drones with radar
- Aveillant radar receives CAA operational approval at East Midlands Airport
- Aveillant to present at Royal Aeronautical Society Conference
- Aveillant to demonstrate three-dimensional tracking of fast jets at the Royal International Air Tattoo
- Aveillant radar selected for world’s first complete civil drone protection system in Monaco
- Aveillant explains its Radar Revolution in this month's Wind Energy Magazine
- Aveillant strengthens commercial team
- Aveillant's Holographic Radar stands proud as new demands for primary surveillance emerge
- Professor Chris Baker to join Aveillant as Chief Technology Officer
- Full scale PSR Holographic Radar is now ready
- Aveillant - A Clear Choice
- International Crime Science Conference
- Aveillant Exhibiting At FAHM 2015
- Introducing UWAS, the UAV Watch
- Aveillant and Finmeccanica – Selex ES Join Forces For Prestwick PSR Tender
- Aveillant attending 2015 Paris Air Show
- 2015 IEEE International Radar Conference
- Holographic Radar: Drone-Tracking Capability Proven
- BBC Report on Drone Tracking
- Derby’s wind turbines start turning for next seven days
- Aveillant Heads To Madrid For World ATM Congress 2015
- Aveillant Announced As IHS Jane’s Finalist
- Derby’s Wind Turbines See The Development Of A World First In Radar Technology
- Drones At Airports Need To Be Monitored
- The Problem With The Radar Isn’t The Wind Farms - It’s The Radar
- Strengthening Ranks With Aviation Heavyweight
- Leadership Recognised In International Field Of Navigation & Surveillance By IET
- Recognition For Top Security & Technology Management System
- Joining ‘Sustainable Airports For A Stronger Economy’ Debate
- Aveillant Takes To The Podium At The Military Radar Conference
- International Standard Achieved
- Aveillant To Attend The BGAD
- Reaching For The Sky At Prestwick
- Presenting At Congress In Rome
- Achieving World Leading Accolade
- New Chairman Following Investment
- £6 Million Of Funding Secured
- Quality Management Accreditation
- Aveillant Heads To Madrid For World ATM Congress
Published: 19 December 2014
2014 - The Year That Changed Radar.
Aveillant looks back on a successful year!
Aveillant, the UK-based radar company and producer of the 3D Holographic Radar™ has delivered its promise of developing a fully scaleable, intelligent characterisation radar this year which is now commercially viable, amongst other achievements, as outlined below:
Surveillance out to 42 nautical miles (nm)
Probability of Detection (PD) in excess of 96 % over wind turbines.
The only mitigation solution able to track and report aircraft in the same space as turbines, not just between them.
Reduced life-time costs with increased capability.
Capital purchase of an Aveillant sensor starting from 850K GBP
The UK-based company has produced its system in a solid state form with no moving parts and consequently is able to support the technology through life at a very low cost of ownership (COO). In comparison, manufacturers of traditional “spinning” radars, due to multiple single points of failure such as Rotating Joints, have to factor into their COO continual replacement of parts. Aveillant’s approach also reduces the risk to operators of infill radars suffering long down-times.
Using just 2 MHz of L band spectrum, Aveillant’s sensors protect ANSPs and Airports from potential future spectrum charging as indicated in the CAA’s spectrum release programme. No other system available in the market today uses such a small amount of spectrum which gives Aveillant a clear and unique benefit to its customers.
David Crisp, Aveillant’s CEO, says: “Aveillant’s reputation in delivering “first in class”, ground breaking surveillance sensors is growing fast and this year has attracted the support of major, industry OEMs to assist installations and support customers in building the future for surveillance radar. We look forward to continuing these successes next year and plan for more triumphs next year.”
Aveillant is proud to announce that we have received ISO 27001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 accreditation this year. Aveillant not only provides a radar solution, but also supports and secures customer information and reputation at the highest possible level.
3D Holographic Radar™ technology was recognised in the category of Navigation and Surveillance Communications at the 2014 IET Innovation Awards. Having been shortlisted amongst other great institutions such as NATS, University College London, LeddarTech, Universitat Politècnica de València and Xidian University, Aveillant came out on top to win this prestigious award.