- Thales completes the acquisition of Aveillant, world pioneer in Holographic Radar technology
- Turbines near East Midlands Airport to start generating power with help from Aveillant’s radar
- Aveillant's Gamekeeper radar sold to ST Electronics - Singapore represents second installation in major urban environment
- Aveillant launches city and coastal drone detection system in Monaco
- Dr. Mohammed Jahangir speaks about the potential for tackling drones with radar
- Aveillant radar receives CAA operational approval at East Midlands Airport
- Aveillant to present at Royal Aeronautical Society Conference
- Aveillant to demonstrate three-dimensional tracking of fast jets at the Royal International Air Tattoo
- Aveillant radar selected for world’s first complete civil drone protection system in Monaco
- Aveillant explains its Radar Revolution in this month's Wind Energy Magazine
- Aveillant strengthens commercial team
- Aveillant's Holographic Radar stands proud as new demands for primary surveillance emerge
- Professor Chris Baker to join Aveillant as Chief Technology Officer
- Full scale PSR Holographic Radar is now ready
- Aveillant - A Clear Choice
- International Crime Science Conference
- Aveillant Exhibiting At FAHM 2015
- Introducing UWAS, the UAV Watch
- Aveillant and Finmeccanica – Selex ES Join Forces For Prestwick PSR Tender
- Aveillant attending 2015 Paris Air Show
- 2015 IEEE International Radar Conference
- Holographic Radar: Drone-Tracking Capability Proven
- BBC Report on Drone Tracking
- Derby’s wind turbines start turning for next seven days
- Aveillant Heads To Madrid For World ATM Congress 2015
- Aveillant Announced As IHS Jane’s Finalist
- Derby’s Wind Turbines See The Development Of A World First In Radar Technology
- 2014 - The Year That Changed Radar
- Drones At Airports Need To Be Monitored
- The Problem With The Radar Isn’t The Wind Farms - It’s The Radar
- Strengthening Ranks With Aviation Heavyweight
- Leadership Recognised In International Field Of Navigation & Surveillance By IET
- Recognition For Top Security & Technology Management System
- Joining ‘Sustainable Airports For A Stronger Economy’ Debate
- Aveillant Takes To The Podium At The Military Radar Conference
- International Standard Achieved
- Aveillant To Attend The BGAD
- Reaching For The Sky At Prestwick
- Presenting At Congress In Rome
- Achieving World Leading Accolade
- New Chairman Following Investment
- £6 Million Of Funding Secured
- Quality Management Accreditation
- Aveillant Heads To Madrid For World ATM Congress
Published: 6 July 2017
Paris Charles de Gaulle airport installs Aveillant Gamekeeper radar for drone detection
Aveillant, the Cambridge based radar technology company, has announced its first airport installation of the Gamekeeper drone detection radar. The installation at Charles de Gaulle, Paris comes after successful demonstrations of the system at the Paris Airshow at Le Bourget Airport.
Working with DSNA Services, a subsidiary of the French Civil Aviation Authority, and Groupe ADP, operator of the three international airports in Paris, Gamekeeper will be the key component of DSNA Service’s Hologarde, a comprehensive counter-drone solution.
Aveillant’s Gamekeeper radar is the only technology to have proven effective in detecting small commercial drones at a range of 5km, and is already operational in Monaco and Singapore.
Aveillant’s CEO, David Crisp, said “All too often in aviation, adoption of new technology only comes after there has been a serious accident of some sort. This week’s incident at Gatwick airport again highlights the growing danger from drones.
“By working with innovative and progressive organisations such as DSNA Services and Groupe ADP, we are showing the technology is ready right now that can help prevent accidents from ever occurring in the first place. We shouldn’t have to wait for an aircraft to hit a drone to put these measures in place.”
The risk that commercial drones pose to aircraft is a growing one. The UK Airprox Board, which monitors reported near misses with aircraft, recorded 70 drone related incidents in 2016, more than double the number in the previous year. Figures up to May 2017 suggest this will rise again. An incident on 2nd July at Gatwick airport caused the runway to be closed and 5 flights diverted.
Tom Rayner +44 7908 001 338
Aveillant Ltd is a leading radar technology company based in Cambridge, UK, specialising in applications of its unique radar platform. Key markets are in security, aviation and defence.
Aveillant has previously installed Gamekeeper radars in Monaco and in Singapore. The company’s unique technology has also been used to monitor the 3D paths of fast jets performing at air displays and to track commercial aircraft passing over wind farms .