- Aveillant's Gamekeeper radar sold to ST Electronics - Singapore represents second installation in major urban environment
- Aveillant launches city and coastal drone detection system in Monaco
- Dr. Mohammed Jahangir speaks about the potential for tackling drones with radar
- Aveillant radar receives CAA operational approval at East Midlands Airport
- Aveillant to present at Royal Aeronautical Society Conference
- Aveillant to demonstrate three-dimensional tracking of fast jets at the Royal International Air Tattoo
- Aveillant radar selected for world’s first complete civil drone protection system in Monaco
- Aveillant explains its Radar Revolution in this month's Wind Energy Magazine
- Aveillant strengthens commercial team
- Aveillant's Holographic Radar stands proud as new demands for primary surveillance emerge
- Professor Chris Baker to join Aveillant as Chief Technology Officer
- Full scale PSR Holographic Radar is now ready
- Aveillant - A Clear Choice
- International Crime Science Conference
- Aveillant Exhibiting At FAHM 2015
- Introducing UWAS, the UAV Watch
- Aveillant and Finmeccanica – Selex ES Join Forces For Prestwick PSR Tender
- Aveillant attending 2015 Paris Air Show
- 2015 IEEE International Radar Conference
- Holographic Radar: Drone-Tracking Capability Proven
- BBC Report on Drone Tracking
- Derby’s wind turbines start turning for next seven days
- Aveillant Heads To Madrid For World ATM Congress 2015
- Aveillant Announced As IHS Jane’s Finalist
- Derby’s Wind Turbines See The Development Of A World First In Radar Technology
- 2014 - The Year That Changed Radar
- Drones At Airports Need To Be Monitored
- The Problem With The Radar Isn’t The Wind Farms - It’s The Radar
- Leadership Recognised In International Field Of Navigation & Surveillance By IET
- Recognition For Top Security & Technology Management System
- Joining ‘Sustainable Airports For A Stronger Economy’ Debate
- Aveillant Takes To The Podium At The Military Radar Conference
- International Standard Achieved
- Aveillant To Attend The BGAD
- Reaching For The Sky At Prestwick
- Presenting At Congress In Rome
- Achieving World Leading Accolade
- New Chairman Following Investment
- £6 Million Of Funding Secured
- Quality Management Accreditation
- Aveillant Heads To Madrid For World ATM Congress
Published: 24 November 2014
Aveillant Strengthens Ranks With Aviation Heavyweight.
Aveillant is further strengthening its Board with the appointment of Sir Colin Terry (KBE CB DL FREng FRAeS) as Non-Executive Director.
A Chartered Engineer with extensive civil aerospace, military and industrial experience, Sir Colin brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to Aveillant as it looks to further the commercial deployment of its air surveillance 3D Holographic Radar™ across the globe.
During his 37 years in the Royal Air Force, Sir Colin reached the rank of Air Marshal and was Chief Engineer (RAF) as well as the Commander in Chief for Logistics Command and the Air Force Board Member for Logistics. Following his retirement from the RAF in 1999, he has held a string of high profile roles including Non-Executive Chairman of Meggitt PLC, a FTSE 100 Aerospace company, Chairman of the UK Military Aviation Authority Safety Advisory Committee, Non-Executive Director and Chairman of the Audit Committee of Fox Marble Holdings PLC, and Non-Executive Chairman of AviaMedia Tech Limited.
Other key roles held by Sir Colin include Group Managing Director of Inflite Engineering Services, Chairman of the Engineering Council (UK), President of the Royal Aeronautical Society and the Council of European Aerospace Societies. Sir Colin is also President of Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association in Buckinghamshire, of which he is Deputy Lieutenant.
David Crisp, CEO at Aveillant, said: “We are very pleased to have Sir Colin on the team. We have successfully gained industry recognition for our 3D Holographic Radar™ as the market leading solution for mitigating the effects of wind turbines on air traffic control radar. Holographic Radar’s industry leading spectrum efficiency and its ability to provide a clear and constant view of airspace, give it a unique advantage in meeting surveillance and air traffic control requirements. With installation of our first commercial units and as we progress towards trials of our 42nm product we are now looking at a variety of applications in both military and civilian surveillance fields. Sir Colin’s credentials in both industries are second to none and his vast experience and wealth of knowledge will be invaluable to us as we take the commercialisation of our unique air surveillance radar to the next level.”
This news follows Aveillant’s success at the Institute of Engineering and Technology Innovation Awards. The leading UK surveillance company was the proud winner of the Navigation and Surveillance Communications category. The prestigious annual awards, which were held in London recognise the best innovations in engineering, science and technology across the globe. The award recognises that Aveillant’s 3D Holographic Radar™ represents a significant breakthrough in radar technology, providing a constant view of airspace at all times, removing unwanted “clutter”.