Our holographic radar solutions work for you
Aveillant offers Holographic Radar™ Solutions, which are primarily for Air Traffic Control around wind farms. When built in line of sight of an air traffic control radar, wind farms create a great deal of interference than can adversely affect the air traffic controller’s view.
A plane or any aircraft can be indistinguishable within the clutter caused by the wind turbines. It can track in the wrong direction aka track seduction, or it may not be detected at all in the area around the turbines, known as shadowing. Aveillant’s Holographic Radar™ clearly distinguishes between the wind turbines and the aircraft and feeds only the aircraft positional information without the turbine clutter to the airport radar. The controllers will then have a consistent and accurate view of the aircraft the entire time it is over the wind farm.
A Leap Forward in Radar Technology
Aveillant’s Holographic Radar™ offers a major advance in tracking radar, which delivers the unique ability to differentiate targets and clutter. The technology identifies and differentiates every moving object’s signature by continuously measuring all the detailed characteristics of every individual radar reflection.
- Continuity of measurement provides unambiguous differentiation between aircraft and turbines
- Full hemispherical coverage allows the radar to be placed within the wind farm
- 3D measurement provides the altitude of aircraft relative to the wind farm radar. Its position can be properly matched within the field and displayed correctly on air traffic radar, allowing the necessary adjustment to slant range.
The Holographic Radar™ technology is designed to be compatible with the full range of aviation radar systems and can be deployed with minimal environmental impact.
Aveillant’s business model is structured to support wind farm projects throughout the full life cycle – from initial planning all the way through to operation.
The Holographic Radar™ solution:
- Is designed for easy integration with existing airport radar systems, has low impact on the environment, fits unobtrusively within the local landscape and has minimal power requirements
- Offers one system that will cover multiple wind farms within a region
- Can provide customizable data feeds for each individual airport where more than one radar has sight of a wind farm
- May be modularly built and scaled to cover any size from individual wind farms to regional solutions to large offshore wind farms
- It is fine to make Low Impact on the environment
Flexible Business Model
Flexible business terms will be set to meet the needs of each party.
Aveillant’s commercial model will enable multiple wind farms to be included under a regional solution. With this Solution, each wind farm will pay only for the services required and coverage of the affected airspace over the life of the wind farm.
Fully managed solution
Aveillant will manage the Holographic Radar™ Solution throughout the full project life cycle, from initial deployment through to long-term operation and maintenance, including:
- Technical integration, radar location and all aspects of setting up the installation and operation
- Collaboration between all parties – Air Navigation Service Provider, Wind Energy Operator, Planning Authority and Safety Regulator
ANSPs and Aviation authorities
No compromise Solution For Tracking Aircraft Over Wind Farms
Aveillant’s Holographic Radar™ is unique in that it allows no degradation of primary radar. It provides a clear view of the field surrounding the wind farm by removing the radar clutter from wind turbines because it can tell the difference.
- Seamless integration within the air traffic control system: The Holographic Radar™ measures height in 3D, allowing the necessary adjustment to slant range, and replaces the area around the wind turbine on the airport’s primary radar with clutter-free data.
- Suitable for all airspace since the infill data will be accurate enough to operate 3NM separation.
- One solution for multiple wind farms: Aveillant’s solution is designed specifically for regional solutions. A planned rollout can be managed over time because the radar may be segmented by wind farm. Aveillant’s goal is to take the hassle out of the wind farm radar issues.
Wind Farm developers
Aveillant Takes Care of Wind Farm Radar Interference
The Holographic Radar™ Solution is specifically designed to meet the needs of wind farm development. Aveillant has engaged with the aviation stakeholders to ensure it meets their requirements. With this solution, the wind farms radar issues are addressed – paving the way for planning permissions and a cost-effective solution.
Aveillant’s Holographic Radar™ Solution is:
- Easy to implement: Can be deployed directly at the wind farm
- Cost effective: Aveillant pays for, operates and runs the radar equipment – so you pay only for the services required and the coverage for your wind farm
- Low visual impact: Fits well within the local environment, which assists with obtaining planning permissions
Government & Policymakers
Aveillant offers the solid solution to wind farm radar interference
With its Holographic Radar™ Solution, Aveillant is committed to supporting the Government’s renewable energy targets. Aveillant’s vision is to:
- Reduce the cost of electricity generated from future wind projects by deploying regional aviation solutions with a single cost effective technology that is capable of meeting the needs of all stakeholders
- Increase the accessibility of renewable energy and ease the pressure on the planning system by freeing up areas of land that are currently blocked to wind development due to conflicts with the Aviation industry
- Significantly simplifies and decreases the costs of the aviation industry’s engagement with the wind industry by offering a service based on a no degradation technical solution